We are being very familiar with this trend; No emotions, no relationship, no commitment, no future plans, and no jealousy. “Friends with benefit...
We are being very familiar with this trend; No emotions, no relationship, no commitment, no future plans, and no jealousy. “Friends with benefits” is the kind of relationship that takes all you have and gives you nothing in return. It takes your energy, your time, and your effort. It is a devastating investment that you cannot handle its outcome, and I guess no woman ever wants to invest in a losing project.
We, as women, project our hopes and dreams upon meeting a potential boyfriend, and out of nowhere we start to wander about the happily ever after! Sometimes you expect to be having a loving caring boyfriend that has the potential of being your future husband, but life happens! He wants friends with benefits kind of relationship. We move forward in the relationship having hopes that he will change and propose someday. This will never happen. He was straight forward; no commitment; no marriage! But wait, you have to be okay with that, you agreed on this!
Friends with benefits is a very toxic experience that haunts you and keeps you empty and alone all the time. Here is what to expect out of it.
1. Expect a sudden turn of events. You never know when your FWB partner doesn’t want to meet you anymore. Simply because he met a new partner.
2. Expect to be dealing with the worst types of men; the narcissist, the selfish, the emotionally unavailable, the one with attachment issues, the commitment phobic, and the player. No woman ever has the power to cope with such men. I guess!
3. Expect to be used physically!
4. Expect to be emotionally and psychologically down all the time.
5. Expect to be the only one making an effort to move things forward.
6. Expect to be crying all night, to feel alone, and to feel empty.
7. Expect to be unstable for a long period of time, for you will never know where you stand in his life.
8. Expect to feel insecure. He is not meant to be the protector you dream of.
9. Expect to be a second choice or a stand by option. You will never be a priority.
10. Expect to be the “once in a while girl”, or worse an “on call girl”
11. Expect being introduced to his wife as a friend; suddenly and out of nowhere.
12. Expect to be losing a lot of opportunities. Real men do still exist and they still want to meet you. But as long as you are focused on the FWB partner, you will never be opened to new opportunities, and eventually, you will never be with the right man.
13. Expect to be making a lot of compromises. You will be lowering your standards day by day till you reach a point where you have no self respect.
14. Expect to feel jealous all the time. When you are in public, your partner won’t hesitate to break his neck to look at the Blondie with red high heels. And you just have to be okay with that!
15. Expect some change of character and behavior on personal level.
16. Expect that you don’t have the right to interfere in his personal life, and you are not allowed to ask even the simplest question.
17. Expect to get him caught up with another woman. He won’t be loyal.
18. Expect to be on a very short term relationship.
19. Expect to feel less than a woman. You are not getting enough attention, love, and support.
20. Expect to be listening to him while telling you about his perfect ideal picture of his future with the woman he dreams of. And absolutely it is not you.
21. Expect to be taken for granted.
I never blame any woman for getting into this trouble. Keep in mind, that in case you get into such relationship, you can still manage to run away before it is too late and before you get hurt. Stay away from those guys who want to mess with your life. They won’t lead you anywhere. And please, don’t say you weren’t warned!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK