I applaud all couples in a long distance relationship! They chose to make it happen no matter what. They both chose not to give up on each other! They...
I applaud all couples in a long distance relationship! They chose to make it happen no matter what. They both chose not to give up on each other! They both believed in the power of love regardless of space and time. And that’s sexy!
I really appreciate those couples because being in a long distance relationship (LDR) is not easy; it requires patience, effort, and understanding. I have a lot of success stories from couples who made long distance relationships work out; my sister, my cousin, my friend… They all managed to make it happen. And personally, I made it happen. I tried it once. It isn’t easy, I admit, yet it needs a lot of dedication from both partners. I went through a certain routine that made our bond much stronger.
So in today’s post, I will share with you a certain routine that makes your relationship stronger regardless of the miles away and different time zones.
1. Both partners have to be committed to each other so that your relationship becomes a safe zone for each of you.
2. The honesty policy is a must. Build trust with your partner so that he/she doesn’t have to worry about having an affair. The worry and fear factors are poisonous in LDRs.
3. Communicate creatively. Don’t overdo the texting through WhatsApp. It becomes boring. Try a video call on daily basis when both of you are free. Once you get to see and hear your partner, everything will be alright.
4. Prioritize your long distance partner above all your local social activities. Give him/her a regular update about your life. Share your whereabouts, family news, hobbies…etc. Make your long distance partner feels as if he/she is living with you.
5. Unleash your emotions. Nothing beats a simple text or phone call just to say “I Love You”! These three words have a magic effect! Believe me.
6. Agree on a daily routine that you won’t compromise no matter how busy your day would be. The “Good Morning” and “‘Nighty” texts must be a ritual. Never underestimate the power of these texts.
7. Do similar things together; for example watch a TV show together and get back to each other right after it is done to discuss it and give a feedback. The same concept would be applied to books, music…etc. Moreover, you can both play some online games, it is interesting! Or you can play Truth or Dare over WhatsApp or Skype. I highly recommend this!
8. Lighten up special occasions such as birthdays, Valentine’s… with simple gestures such as sending flowers. Your partner would love this!
9. Respect your partner’s space. You don’t have to question everything. And from your side, plan to do some activities with your friends or family.
10. Fix a time twice a year to meet.
To all LDR partners:
As long as it is real, everything becomes special.
Good Luck Always!